Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga has an exciting new opportunity for a Sheet Metal Worker “B”. The successful incumbent will perform the operations necessary to make sheet metal parts & assemblies where necessary templates, form blocks, checking jigs, assembly fixtures & other tooling are provided.
- Work to methods & procedures specified in writing or given by oral instructions by previous shop practice
- Assemble parts in fixtures for welding, trimming g, fitting, aligning, clamping where dimensions are governed by fixtures, templates, & pre-drilled holes
- Straightening, aligning, & dressing parts & assemblies
- Shaping metal parts having simple radii & angles by use of hammers & form blocks
- Produce parts for, or perform operations on sheet metal parts & assemblies to be completed by others, where work involved is of difficulty corresponding to the above
- Perform re-works & repairs to the level of difficulty appropriate to classification
- Ability to locate, mar k out straight line & radii by linear measurement of specified dimensions & mark out templates sample parts lofts etc
- Cutting, filling & bending to mark lines, drilling & counterstriking holes using templates & drill jigs where dimensions are not difficult to maintain
- Soft soldering, riveting operations incidental to work, work to blueprints, sketches, operation sheets, process sheets, oral instructions etc.
- When incidental to work; set-up & operate sheet metal shop machines & equipment such as drills, band saw etc
- Completion of a 3-5 year apprenticeship
- Trade certification
- 1-2 years experience in manufacturing, aerospace preferably
- Weld experience
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)