The focus of this position is performing operations to make sheet metal parts & assemblies utilizing templates, form blocks, checking jigs, assembly fixtures & other tooling as provided.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Social & Welfare Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Flexible work hours
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• On-site gym
• Free parking
• Work to methods & procedures specified in writing or given by oral instructions by previous shop practice
• Assemble parts in fixtures for welding, trimming g, fitting, aligning, clamping where dimensions are governed by fixtures, templates, & pre-drilled holes
• Straightening, aligning, & dressing parts & assemblies
• Shaping metal parts having simple radii & angles by use of hammers & form blocks
• Produce parts for, or perform operations on sheet metal parts & assemblies to be completed by others, where work involved is of difficulty corresponding to the above
• Perform re-works & repairs to the level of difficulty appropriate to classification
• Cutting, filling & bending to mark lines, drilling & counterstriking holes using templates & drill jigs where dimensions are not difficult to maintain
• Soft soldering, riveting operations incidental to work, work to blueprints, sketches, operation sheets, process sheets, oral instructions etc.
• When incidental to work; set-up & operate sheet metal shop machines & equipment such as drills, band saw etc
• Completion of a 3-5 yr apprenticeship
• Trade certification
• 1-2 years experience in manufacturing, aerospace preferably
• Weld experience
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities!