Perform the operations necessary to make sheet metal parts & assemblies where necessary templates, form blocks, checking jigs, assembly fixtures & other tooling are provided.
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Work to methods & procedures specified in writing or given by oral instructions by previous shop practice
• Assemble parts in fixtures for welding, trimming g, fitting, aligning, clamping where dimensions are governed by fixtures, templates, & pre-drilled holes
• Straightening, aligning, & dressing parts & assemblies
• Shaping metal parts having simple radii & angles by use of hammers & form blocks
• Produce parts for, or perform operations on sheet metal parts & assemblies to be completed by others, where work involved is of difficulty corresponding to the above
• Perform re-works & repairs to the level of difficulty appropriate to classification
• Completion of a 3-5 yr apprenticeship
• Trade certification
• 1-2 years experience in manufacturing, aerospace preferably
• Weld experience
• Ability to locate, mar k out straight line & radii by linear measurement of specified dimensions & mark out templates sample parts lofts etc
• Cutting, filling & bending to mark lines, drilling & counterstriking holes using templates & drill jigs where dimensions are not difficult to maintain
• Soft soldering, riveting operations incidental to work, work to blueprints, sketches, operation sheets, process sheets, oral instructions etc.
• When incidental to work; set-up & operate sheet metal shop machines & equipment such as drills, band saw etc.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.