Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Sheet Metal Mechanic at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Sheet Metal Mechanic at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, MB. This will be a full time, permanent and unionized role. The successful candidate must be available to work shift work when scheduled.
The Sheet Metal Mechanic will be responsible for fitting prefabricated parts by cutting, grinding, filing, shaping, rolling, and crimping, as well as assembling parts for sub-assembly and final assembly by drilling and riveting.
- Fitting prefabricated parts by cutting, grinding, filing, shaping, rolling, and crimping.
- Assembling parts for sub-assembly and final assembly by drilling and riveting on bench or other means or using, where necessary, jigs and fixtures.
- Carrying out final assembly of manufactured components.
- Fabricating, repairing and overhauling aircraft or sheet metal components.
- Manufacturing simple tooling and shop aids as required.
- Setting up and operating sheet metal machines for the purpose of forming, punching, shearing, and other fabrication process for various metals and/or components.
- Working to all applicable work instructions to develop layouts and operation requirements for all types of operations.
- May assist in the Composite Fabricator classification when required, but only when compliant with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Background / Education:
- Completion of a course related to the discipline with a recognized technical institution or college. The AMMOP or AME (s) Structural Endorsement designation is preferred.
- Equivalent work experience demonstrating ability in basic aviation sheet metal.
- Verification of these skills through references or demonstration may be required.
- Successful completion (meeting Magellan Aerospace Winnipeg standards) of TOWES test is preferred.
Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to interpret blue prints.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of WHMIS.
- Ability to work within specified safety requirements (ie. PPE).
- Ability to work shift work when scheduled.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are mandatory in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.