Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Sheet Metal Mechanic at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be full time, permanent and unionized. Shift work may be required.
The Sheet Metal Mechanic fits prefabricated parts by cutting, grinding, filing, shaping, rolling, and crimping. Assembles parts for sub-assembly and final assembly by drilling and riveting on bench or other means or using, where necessary, jigs and fixtures. Will carry out final assembly of manufactured components, and/or fabricates, repairs and overhauls aircraft or sheet metal components. Manufactures simple tooling and shop aids as required. Sets up and operates sheet metal machines for the purpose of forming, punching, shearing, and other fabrication process for various metals and/or components.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Completion of a course related to the discipline with a recognized technical institution or college. The AMMOP or AME (s) Structural Endorsement designation is preferred.
- Equivalent work experience demonstrating ability in basic aviation sheet metal.
- Verification of these skills through references or demonstration may be required.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Successful completion (meeting MAW standards) of TOWES test is preferred.
- Ability to interpret blue prints.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work within specified safety requirements (ie. PPE).
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.