Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for Sheet Metal Mechanics at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. All roles are full time, permanent and unionized, and shift work may or may not be required.
The successful Sheet Metal Mechanics will be responsible for fitting prefabricated parts by cutting, grinding, filing, shaping, rolling, and crimping, as well as assembling parts for sub-assembly and final assembly by drilling and riveting.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Fitting prefabricated parts by cutting, grinding, filing, shaping, rolling, and crimping.
- Assembling parts for sub-assembly and final assembly by drilling and riveting on bench or other means or using, where necessary, jigs and fixtures.
- Carrying out final assembly of manufactured components.
- Fabricating, repairing and overhauling aircraft or sheet metal components.
- May be required to do layout and develop work to blueprints and customer specifications.
- Manufacturing simple tooling and shop aids as required.
- May assist in the Composite Fabricator classification when required and only when compliant with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Background / Education:
- Completion of a course related to the discipline with a recognized technical institution or college. The AMMOP designation is preferred.
- Equivalent work experience demonstrating ability in basic aviation sheet metall.
- Verification of these skills through references or demonstration may be required.
- Successful completion (meeting Magellan Aerospace Winnipeg standards) of TOWES test is preferred.
Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to interpret blue prints.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of WHMIS.
- Ability to work within specified safety requirements.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.