Our client, located in Charlotte, NC, has an immediate opening for an experienced Service Superintendent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage work of maintenance and repair projects.
- Direct supervision of all related maintenance and repair activity, union and non-union personnel, as well as accomplishing goals for quality and customer satisfaction.
- Supervise routes to determine best geographic and manpower qualifications to ensure minimum travel time.
- Review callbacks daily and assure mechanics are compliant with check out procedures.
- Complete quality audits and customer contacts weekly and complete appropriate forms. Review information with the route mechanic.
- Conduct service meetings with technicians monthly.
- Review outstanding repairs with the Repair Supervisor to assure accurate scheduling and completion of all repairs.
- Review and approve all service time tickets for accuracy and invoices for vendor’s materials.
- Contact and update customers when units are shut down for repairs or parts.
- Provide coaching and feedback and development to direct reports
- Inspect all maintenance job sites periodically to insure that they are being maintained in accordance with policies and standards.
- Assure regular examinations made on all jobs comply with contract agreement, including the free service period of a new installation and modernization.
- Review and maintain inventory to insure proper parts are available for maintenance and repair jobs. Order materials when necessary.
- Make recommendations in the hiring and training process of maintenance and repair personnel.
- Review Service and Work Orders and final processing of completion notices to insure that all time, purchase orders, and material orders are posted before approving for billing.
- Review all IBM contractual service reports to insure proper gross profit level (45-50%). Control service labor and material cost to insure costs stay within labor and material budget guidelines.
- A two-year college level degree and/or equivalent combination of technical and management experience in elevator/escalator or related industry.
- Minimum five years’ experience in the elevator or related industry.
- Five to eight years’ experience in maintenance/repair within the elevator/escalator or related industry.
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
- Familiarity with electrical mechanical and hydraulic systems as applied in industry transportation and/or conveyance systems.
- Experience or ability to learn PC database, spreadsheet, scheduling, project management, communication and word processing applications.
- Willing and able to travel with occasional extended overnight stay. Automobile driver’s license and frequent day travel required within branch office jurisdictional area.
- Good leadership, supervisory, organizational, written, verbal communication and customer skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to read construction drawings, layouts and electrical, hydraulic schematics.
- Ability to effectively present business information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl; and talk, hear or see. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For consideration submit resume to email@example.comClick here to apply online