Blueline New Holland is an agriculture equipment dealership that is passionate about their customer first focus in providing high quality parts and service throughout the agriculture community in Nova Scotia. We are currently looking for a Service Manager for our Truro office who shares this passion.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Service Manager will oversee service operations within the dealership to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. The incumbent will grows profitable service labour sales and exercises expense control while integrating operations of the Service Department with other departments within the dealership. S/he will have strong initiative and help to ensure a high level of engagement and retention. Specific responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage service technicians and service writer(s), to ensure overall company, and sales goals are being met.
- Ensure industry standards and practices are being met.
- Set, with General Manager, long term and short term goals and objectives for the Service Department relating to: staffing, safety, selling of hours, costs, budgets, shop facilities, and vehicles.
- Manage and co-ordinate the development and training of service personnel.
- Communicate, enforce and monitor effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Monitor service sales on a scheduled basis to ensure achievement of budgeted sales and profit goals.
- Manage the yard equipment and storage.
- Communicate with customers, Dealership departments to obtain details of work to be carried out, location and time frames.
- Oversee and update work schedule board with Service Writer(s) as work orders are created and completed.
- Responsible for any time adjustments, as required.
- Work with Accounting Department to ensure that accounts are paid within specified time.
- Help communicate with customers; resolve customer problems; follow-up after repairs
- Process work orders when complete, updating “work order” board for department with Service Writer(s).
Additional Service Department Responsibilities with assistance of Service Writer(s)
- Ensure Service Technicians are supplied with a steady flow of work, in keeping with their abilities, ensuring that assignments are completed in a timely and professional manner to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Communicate and work with other departments as required - Sales, Parts, and Management.
- Ensure new and used equipment for delivery to customer, for display, or demonstration is set up and cleaned.
- Keep the shop, tool room, machine shop, and outside areas of the Dealership are neat, clean and safe at all times; including lawn and garden maintenance and light building repairs are either done by staff or a contractor.
- Responsible for ongoing confirmation of warranty processing online.
- Oversee posting of warranty claims in Accounts Payable, ensuring that claims are processed within acceptable time frame, assisting with resolution when necessary.
- Assist in the identification of process improvements.
- Ensures all manufacturer Warranty and Product Improvement Programs are completed according to manufacturer’s requirements and submitted to corporate warranty.
- Maintains all management reports to audit the performance of the Service Department and individual employees under direct supervision.
- Oversee verification of technician time for payroll purposes.
- Prepare WIP for submission to Management, assisting with the implementation of processes to reduce WIP to target levels.
- Prepare Warranty Receivable reports for management.
- Work with Management to improve warranty claim processing.
- Track the gross profit percentage on labor sales.
- Track the net profit percentage for the service department.
- Track the productivity of technicians.
- Ensure that one’s own training needs are being met, fulfilling any requirements of the position.
- Given the collaborative nature of this position, and the requirement of any business to adapt to changing business needs, other duties and projects will be assigned by Management as needs arise. The Service Manager will be apprised of these duties and projects in advance so preparation is possible.
- Responsible for providing customers a premium service experience while ensuring customer expectations are met every time
- Responsible for continued growth and development of Service department
- Identify and promote new products and services to customers
- Achieve budget and efficiency targets within established timeframes
Experience, Education and Qualifications
- 2+ years customer service experience automotive, truck, farm, construction industry
- Managerial experience
- Computer literate
- Good writing skills, math skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work 45-48 hours per week (Monday to Friday) with rotational Saturdays shifts during busy season (April to October)
- Occasional travel for training and seminars
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Able to work in variable work environments/conditions
- Proven ability to lead a team is preferred
Our competitive compensation package will include base salary, bonus program and benefit package. If you are interested in joining this dynamic team, apply today!