Job Title: Service Manager
Reports To: Vice President
Prepared By: Human Resources
SUMMARY: Work collaboratively with the service technicians to ensure that the each service call is scheduled and followed through
correctly as well as efficiently. Service Manager sets and owns goals throughout each service call together with the technician.
Utilize skills and expertise to inspire a shared sense of purpose within the service team. Responsible for entire process; from
scheduling the service call to invoicing.
The service manager will coordinate the field activities of the service group. The service manager will communicate directly with
customers, vendors, suppliers and subcontractors to ensure accurate communication of project status and requirements. The
position acts as the liaison between the office and assigned service technicians.
The Service Manager performs all department schedules; the tracking of labor and expense costs, processing work orders, contract
charges, billings to customers and payment accounting. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• As the service manager your responsibility, you must monitor and enforce Sagamore’s Health & Safety Program. You
must be willing to make immediate corrections when notified to protect our team members and prevent customers
against property damage.
• Responsible for compliance (when applicable) to give support of the Customer’s Site-Specific Safety Program.
• Responsible to enforce all OSHA Construction/General Industry Federal Safety Standards and procedures that apply to
your job, team members and the owner.
• Responsible to conduct safety audits and accident investigations when solicited to ensure rule compliance and
adherence to all safety regulations. The goal is to lower company/employee risk and reduce on the job injuries.
• Required to train junior personnel to ensure that they are afforded opportunities to gain the experience necessary to
maintain, install and troubleshoot mechanical systems.
• Responsible to enforce minimum PPE requirements of team members (hardhat, gloves, safety glasses, high visibility
Service Calls / Service Contracts (PMA) / Proposals
• Communicate directly with customer.
• Read and fully understand the terms and conditions as well as the qualifications pertaining to scope of work.
• Create a Work Order for each service call.
• Schedule service technicians for PMA’s, repairs, installs and replacements accordingly.
• Dispatch service technicians accordingly.
• Maintain the “on-call” schedule for service technicians.
• Work in conjunction purchasing manager with the buyout of all materials, equipment and subcontractors; utilizing the
• Execute written Purchase Orders for buyouts (listed above).
• Coordinate and communicate with service technician. Plan with the service technician all activities and labor
• Manage the flow of information to proactively facilitate field production.
• Obtain and secure all proper permits with authorities having jurisdiction (i.e., gas, vessel, plumbing, fuel oil, mechanical
etc.). Notify service technician of compliance requirements.
• Interpret, clarify and answer all questions (to the best of ability) from service technician relative to scope of work.
• Responsible for informing the service technician which proposals are accepted and what additional work will be done
of whatever nature, (time and material, etc.). No extra work will be done unless first receiving written authorization
from the customer. Preparation and submission of additional work orders will be by the service manager (seek
assistance if necessary).
• Log and track all service work orders (billable and non-billable) and reconcile all open tickets in a timely manner.
• Properly manage open and pending work orders. Do not proceed on work orders work without proper approvals.
• Review, approve and submit field labor hours worked on project(s) prior workweek by 9:00 a.m. Monday.
• Maintain and manage service log, contract log, and Preventative Maintenance Log.
• Ensure Preventative Maintenance Agreement visits are scheduled accordingly and performed for each agreement.
• Maintain Preventative Maintenance schedules in accounting system for all visits.
• Call each Preventative Maintenance customer the day after each PM visit to ensure all work was satisfactory, and
address any open items. Follow up immediately on open items and report dissatisfactions.
• Prepare and submit all Service Agreement booking packages for renewals, and time and material work.
• Expedite delivery of all equipment, pipe, fittings, valves and hangers as necessary.
• Mentor, educate and lead colleagues to foster growth.
• Attend internal meetings as required.
• Must be able to adapt approach to differing projects/service calls (no two are the same).
• Must be able to plan and forecast labor from the start through the end of the project, identifying pitfalls and potential
issues, heading them off far in advance.
• Maintain smooth labor transitions and facilitate productivity.
• Record and reward high productivity. Set goals to beat (estimated) production rates.
• Manage and drive subcontractors when necessary.
• Maintain and seek to improve client relations to encourage and facilitate repeat business.
• Must be able to shift between “Big Picture” and “Small-but-Crucial” details. Know when to concentrate on each one.
• Ideally develop trust and communication between other trades and customer.
• Schedule one specific day each week to look at new work.
• Prepare work orders and invoice.
• Prepare Time and Material Invoices with required back up
• Submit to accounting cost codes and breakdown information (as applicable) necessary to monitor job progress.
• Obtain project number
• Establish and organize the project budget.
• Prepare and submit Work Order and Invoice to customer.
• Follow up weekly on Account Receivables.
• Review work in place against budget to maintain profit margin.
• Continually look for ways to improve the processes and protect the bottom line
• Responsible for reviewing materials, subcontractors and equipment invoices with accounting and approve for payment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty exceptionally. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical School and 5-year related minimum experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Preferred, not required.
• Valid Current Driver’s License
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Sage Service Management, Excel, Word, Outlook,
Bluebeam and other programs as required.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Must be a TEAM player, able to communicate and collaborate with teammates.
• Must possess great people skills and be capable of being customer centric.
• Must have the ability to maintain and build client relationships.
• Must work well under pressure.
• Must have the willingness and ability to follow the Guiding Principles as well as strengthen the Employer/Employee
Compact.Click here to apply online