This position performs installation and maintenance of machineries at customer site. Frequent and long-term travels are required for this position.Essential Job FunctionsField Service Engineering
OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS
- Communicates with managers for field service schedules.
- Installs newly sold machines at customers’ sites, filling out the installation check list to confirm that the machine meets all specifications.
- Performs mechanical and electrical repair on machines at customers’ sites.
- Arranges parts orders for customers as needed.
- Receives service calls from customers. Determines customer need or problem and responds accordingly. May provide over-the-phone consultation and advice to customer.
- Inspects and evaluates customer usage of machineries.
- Provides training to customers in usage and maintenance of machineries.
- Submits service report to management in a timely manner.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by manager and other senior management.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to management and works to resolve those issues.
- Maintains good communication with other staff & outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
- Associate degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Between three to five years of previous mechanical/electrical engineering experience in a similar position.