Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Working as a hands-on member of a dispersed global team providing consolidated IT support and services to a global user base the IT Service Desk Analyst plays a key role as the initial point of contact for our end users. Often engaged at a time of crisis the right candidate will need to demonstrate a customer service orientation with strong communication skills while remaining calm under pressure. Self-motivated with the a keen attention to detail the IT Service Desk Analyst needs to draw on a range of technical skills, experience and documented knowledge to logically troubleshoot issues ensuring every step is recorded and communicated to stakeholders.
The role includes many aspects of ITSM functions including incident management, request fulfilment, configuration management and additional ad hoc tasks as directed by IT Management. Close liaisons with colleagues within the IT team is required for functional & hierarchical escalations but the candidate needs to be able to priorities issues and be trusted to complete these assigned work within SLA.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Incident Management – Responsibilities include the identification, recording, categorisation, prioritisation, investigation, escalation and resolution of incidents in line with Magellan’s incident management process.
- Request Fulfilment – Responsibilities include the completion of manual request tasks that forms part of the request fulfilment workflow. Task can range from basic user administrations, to advance device setup and user training.
- Asset Management – Full management of all company assets including hardware and software to ensure compliance with regular audits.
- Hardware Support – Build, configuration, upgrade and continuous support of company configuration items.
- Knowledge Management – Continued effort growing the knowledge management system using this service to guide and train end users and colleagues alike. Additional user support may be required in some instances where the knowledge is not immediately available or the end user needs extra support.
- Ad hoc tasks, processes and policies as directed by IT Management
- Relevant higher education or degree is desirable
- Recognised technical accreditations are desirable but not essential
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant IT support experience is essential
- Broad understanding and experience of IT infrastructure is highly desirable.
- Experience of IT in manufacturing environments or Aerospace is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of multi-site support structure is desirable.
- Hands-on experience of as many of the following:
- PC, Laptop & Tablet support
- Mobile configuration and management
- Microsoft environments including Windows OS and office.
- Basic network setup and troubleshooting including cabling, switches, routers and wireless AP’s.
- Remote support tools
- Printer support
- Software support
- Experience in anti-virus, anti-malware, firewalls, disk encryption and other cyber security related measures.
- Telephony & Video conferencing products
- Manufacturing machine integration and control systems is desirable but not essential.
- Passionate about providing good service
- Strong verbal & written communication
- Broad range of front line technical skills
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise in line with SLA targets.
- Able to work both unsupervised and as an engaged member of a collaborative team
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Numerate and financially aware.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Keen to learn new skills and be aware of latest technologies and trends.
- Open to new ideas.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Flexibility – willingness to travel and work flexible hours when required by
- Demands of the job e.g. breakdowns, upgrades.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!