San Diego, CA
$7 - 12K/month
Assist customers to schedule service work and communicate any additional needs. Service advisors also handle the administrative and customer relations aspects of service department operations. A service advisor's main job is to interpret customer concerns and comments for the technician, so that the technician will diagnose problems correctly. The advisor then translates the technician's findings, which may be very complex, into language the customer will understand.
- Greeting customers, scheduling service appointments and receiving vehicle information.
- Listening to requests of the service desired and clearly explaining information on the repair order.
- Referring the technician to the customer and/or test-driving the vehicle to confirm source(s) of service repairs.
- Estimating the cost and time needed to do the repair, taking into account the customer's schedule.
- Handling customer complaints and maintaining high customer satisfaction standards.
- Regularly check on the progress of the vehicle during servicing and contacting the customer when technicians discover additional problems; getting customer approval to do additional work and explaining the work performed and the charges being billed.
- Two years of experience in a dealership position and general knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations is recommended for service advisors.
- Must possess strong communication skills to deal with customers, employees and vendors.
- Availability to work extended hours, evenings and weekends.
For more information, contact Kristin Frank at 602-788-5890 x.124 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.