We are searching for a Senior Wealth Advisor and Managing Director for the Rochester area. The Senior Wealth Advisor & Managing Director for Rochester is responsible for leading the Rochester Advice Team and is responsible for client relationship management in addition to expanding the number of clients served within our well-established Rochester market. This role will combine a high level of advising expertise, leadership, and management along with training acumen and direct client engagement. The role provides valuable input to firm leadership as needed to support decision-making and overall firm and location performance. The Managing Director represents the firm’s values and culture as a lead for all Rochester colleagues in addition to the Advice Team. In addition, this role has significant and meaningful interactions with our clients and is responsible for leading all activities associated with our approach to wealth management and client care.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, implements, and communicates the Rochester business strategy, working alongside the Rochester team.
- Leads the management of a small group of well-defined, high-complexity existing client relationships. Delivers a high standard of care and service, supported by the advice team. Retains and grows targeted relationships for the firm.
- Leads and provides coaching, mentoring, and development support to Rochester Advice Team.
- Maintains professional competencies and adheres to the firm’s ethical standards and cultural values.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree is preferred.
- CFP® certification required. Other industry credentials are strongly encouraged.
- Possesses a demonstrated ability to foster and maintain deep, long-term, respectful, and productive relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Broad industry experience with a minimum of ten years of experience in the financial services industry caring for/managing client relationships, preferably within an RIA environment.
- Proven track record identifying, cultivating, and closing new business and identifying and capturing new opportunities with existing clients.
- Anticipates and plans for growth.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Strong relationship management capabilities. Able to serve complex and sophisticated clients. Able to adapt to client personality types to serve effectively.
- Excellent leadership, mentoring, and management skills.
- Encourages and expects colleagues at all levels to work together effectively across functions.
- Networking and business development capabilities.
- Understands how to support the firm's strategy and contribute to the firm success.
- Supports, encourages and proactively leverages wealth management disciplines to ensure the firm’s continued success.
- Provides internal leadership for team huddles, check-ins, and quarterly goal setting.
- Sets an example of loyalty to the firm and its clients and colleagues.
- Consistently demonstrates the highest levels of engagement within the firm.
- Recommends thoughtful, well-vetted ideas that support the firm’s commitment to continuous improvement to positively impact the client and colleague experiences and are consistent with Firm's objectives.
- Consistently and effectively utilizes resources to achieve the firm’s goals.
- Independently engages in ongoing personal and professional development, including continuous improvement of skills to effectively communicate in myriad situations.
- Advocates for the firm’s vision and engages all stakeholders in advancing the firm’s mission, in CCM terms, upholds the principles of “Founder's Mentality.”