GeneCoda has been retained to identify and evaluate candidates, for a Senior Toxicologist.
About Our Client:
Our client, a leading provider of scientific and regulatory consulting services to pharmaceutical clients, is a division of a global quality assurance services firm that provides customized qualification solutions to varied industries.
Our client’s emphasis is in preparing IND filings for small to mid-sized biotech and pharmaceutical companies as well as risk assessment work for larger companies. As such, our client’s work environment will appeal to professionals who enjoy varied client experiences including work in exciting new science like CRISPR and gene editing.
In this exciting role, the Senior Toxicologist will provide effective and competent leadership and support to a consulting group including the provision of senior scientific consulting services to clients, out-of-the box guidance and analysis in complex scientific areas and responsibility for the quality of scientific advice provided to clients.
The Senior Toxicologist will assist in new business development and the maintenance of successful, long-term business relationships in the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industry as well as direct the day-to-day work of and mentorship of less senior staff.
Our client seeks a Senior Toxicologist with a technical background in submissions (e.g., IND, NDA) that has a prior background in or affinity for client interaction.
- Consult with clients in the design and execution of toxicology studies as part of the regulatory submission process.
- Synthesize findings into reports including a scientific conclusion as to the implications of the findings given the regulatory and toxicology questions at issue.
- Oversee the work involved in conducting complex scientific studies/assessments.
- Responsible for the quality and scientific accuracy of client deliverables.
- Prepare thorough cost estimates of projects and formal project proposals and plans for use in consultation with clients.
- Develop an overall project plan designed to address the requirements of the project.
- Design tasks needed for the project, approaches to be used, and end-results envisioned, including level and type of training and staff experience needed for the project.
- Support the professional development of less experienced scientific staff.
- Identify and capitalize on business development opportunities during conversations with clients.
- Participate in conferences and client meetings.
Education: PhD in Toxicology.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience.
- Developed scientific expertise to the level that can be expected to undertake broad toxicology studies.
- Developed acumen in product development, the role of regulatory toxicology, and ability to guide clients.
- Prior experience with regulatory (IND / NDA) submissions.
- Experience working in the CRO or consulting pharmaceutical industry an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to explain scientific concepts both to scientific experts and non-experts, including internal scientific staff and non-scientific clients.
- Well organized and structured (attention to detail).
- Able to work independently and in teams.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Motivated to meet submission timelines.
- Ability to work remotely (home based).
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.