Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Senior Tool Designer at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Sr. Tool Designer will be responsible for the required complex tool designs to facilitate production processes that meet the requirements of customer drawings, models and customer specifications in accordance with company and departmental work instructions, ensuring that the design intent and component quality is achieved. The function requires the use of CAD software to develop the tool model and assemblies.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Designs tools of a complex nature, in accordance with special equipment and machine specifications.
- Provides advice and guidance to the department and externally to the Manufacturing Engineering team, NC Programming, Facilities, Estimators, and Tool & Die Makers.
- Coordinates the design of a suite of tooling to ensure the correct transfer of datum, tolerances and registers throughout the suite.
- Participates in the research and development of new tools, or modification of existing tooling to improve the manufacturing process
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Strong background in designing fixtures, dies, and jigs.
- In-depth knowledge of press work, machine shop, assembly practices and continuous improvements efforts related to the processes is essential
- Demonstrated ability using CAD systems related to design.
- Experience utilizing the Siemens NX software and / or Catia V5 will be considered an asset.
- Completion of a Mechanical Engineering Technologist diploma together with a minimum of 5 to10 years of relevant experience.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.