ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answer technical support phone calls and properly log, identify the problem and follow up with a thoroughly researched solution.
- Elevate advanced technical questions to the “All Star” or appropriate Product Development Engineer and follow up with customer as needed.
- Create Technical Support Log (TSL) tickets by following the TSL creation guideline.
- Create TSL Quick Reference and Common TSL Solution attachments for customer distribution.
- Create quotations per customer request and part number searches as required.
- Utilize online documentation and hardcopy manuals to locate appropriate troubleshooting steps and/or technical information to be sent to internal and external customers.
- Identify and implement business process improvements within the Technical Support group.
- Maintain and achieve group measures for phone call answer rate and TSL closure rate.
- Flexible with supporting 2nd or 3rd shift based on customer demand and/or group manpower shortages.
- Flexible with supporting “on-call” after hours support from the Call Center paging system.
- Flexible with supporting & leading special projects as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Software, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or related robotic technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum five years related experience in customer service and customer interaction
- Minimum eight years Robotics Integration/Installation/Service Experience
- Mechanical/Electrical/Pneumatic Troubleshooting, Teardown, and Repair Experience
- Company specific Robot technical experience or related tenure at other robotic manufacturers
- Computer programming or related PLC or robotic programming