PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
The purpose of a Senior Technical Specialist is to provide customers (internal and external) and field service engineers with advanced telephone based and/or on-site project coordination, high level debug and repair of robotic controllers, mechanical, and related system equipment. Duties will also include communications with sales, engineering, and project executing departments as well as creating Technical Support Log (TSL) tickets and Spare Part quotes for customer distribution. Senior Technical Specialists will have the ability to resolve advanced technical problems on all controller platforms.
- Ability to discuss, diagnosis, and resolve problems as reported by the customer or service engineer.
- Answer technical support phone calls and properly log via the Technical Support Log (TSL), identify the problem and follow up with a thoroughly researched solution.
- Very courteous, helpful and professional demeanor with customers (internal + external)
- Elevate advanced technical questions to the appropriate Product Development Engineer or systems expert and follow up with customer as needed.
- Training /mentoring to other cRc Technical Support personnel.
- Create Quick Reference and Common TSL Solution attachments for customer distribution.
- Create spare part quotations per customer request and part number searches as required.
- Respond to customer email technical support questions by creating TSL’s and/or spare part quotes
- Utilize online documentation and hardcopy manuals to locate appropriate troubleshooting steps and/or technical information to be sent to internal and external customers.
- Identify and implement business process improvements within the Technical Support group.
- Maintain and achieve OMQ group measures for customer satisfaction, call answer rate, and TSL closure rate.
- Maintain a high level of availability to answer customer phone calls.
- Flexible with supporting 2nd or 3rd shift based on customer demand and/or group manpower shortages.
- Flexible with supporting “on-call” after hours support from the Call Center paging system.
- Flexible with supporting & leading special projects as needed.
- Willingness to be process owner of new department technical support strategies.
- Willingness (but not limited to) to be assigned department responsibilities for scheduling, assignments and distribution of incoming customer support issues.
- Participate in the integration and/or installation of robots and related peripheral equipment in order to fully understand its operation, performance requirements, and troubleshooting procedures.
- 1 week per year of robot, programming, software or other training.
- Develop & maintain training plan in at least two key technical areas as well as coordinate & schedule required individual and group training with PDE & Product Segment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints and related technical documentation
- Extensive experience with products and peripheral equipment
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and job assignments simultaneously while adjusting priorities as required
- Excellent communication skills (written/oral) and the ability to interface with people and customers over the phone and at all levels of the organization
- Ability to utilize common PC and business applications
- Ability to work safely and effectively within OSHA Laws
- Extensive experience using programming products
- Well-developed technical writing and communication skills
- Ability to function without direct supervision
- Ability to mentor, teach and coach others in the group
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Software, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum five years related experience in customer service and customer interaction
- Minimum eight years Integration/Installation/Service Experience
- Mechanical/Electrical/Pneumatic Troubleshooting, Teardown, and Repair Experience
- Computer programming (ROBOGUIDE) or related PLC or Robotic programming