The Senior Tax Manager is responsible for tax accounting and its presentation in the audited financial statements. The successful candidate will work with other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers. Must have leadership skills, a positive team driven attitude, presentation skills, a professional attitude, and must work well with internal and external team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand companies’ book accounting in relation to what is needed for tax accounting.
- Determine processes to inquire, collect, validate and summarize data for intended tax use.
- Establish and maintain a quarterly income tax provision process under ASC740.
- Perform process control to achieve data accuracy and applicability.
- Ensure delivery of tax sections for financial reporting deadlines.
- An administrator of company’s income tax provision and income tax compliance software.
- Coordinate with financial reporting auditors.
- Assist Tax Director to establish tax positions.
- Explain tax positions and resolve differences.
- Assist Tax Director to prioritize value-added tasks.
- Monitor cross-functional processes for efficiency and completion.
- Coach and train tax associates.
- Assist or manage special projects as required
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned