The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for conducting a technical investigation through the implementation phase of product development focusing on technology development, product improvements, or cost reduction initiatives as they apply to the company's strategic direction. This role will work to implement and extend a common controls platform strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Map out and lead probable development paths and develop technical solutions to new concepts including factors of costs, timing, and risks. Work collaboratively with other development groups, through regular team meetings, in translating new concepts into product designs.
• Develop design concepts or models, supervise prototype construction, and conduct performance testing to determine the practical feasibility of concepts.
• Develop test methods, coordinate the implementation of experiments, evaluate test results, and prepare written reports of research findings.
• Coordinate contractual arrangements for developmental programs with outside suppliers or research organizations.
• Represent the company in technical societies and keep the company advised of pertinent technological developments.
• Establish and maintain industry contacts within Divisional, Corporate, Professional, and Academic organizations.
• Lead system reviews and ensure closure of action items before the release of the final design to production.
• Engage with software, hardware, test, and product development teams over the entire product life cycle to ensure that system engineering work products are planned, documented, and completed
• Provides training and leadership to junior staff.
Click here to apply online