endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Senior System Safety Engineer
We are a global leader and pioneer in cutting-edge technology for the future of transportation. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
Our System Software Team, within the Next Generation Supervised Driving Product Area, is looking for a Senior System Safety Engineer!
What you will do
- Perform System Safety Engineering tasks for the design of system software components to meet the highest software development standards (including functional safety) rigor
- Develop Technical Safety Concepts for system software components, including specification of Technical Safety Requirements and designing Safety Mechanisms to meet the incoming functional safety requirements
- Perform safety analysis (Fault Tree Analysis FTAs, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis FMEAs, etc.) for system software components according to ISO 26262 (part 4 and part 6)
- Develop, track, and maintain system design, software requirements, implementation & test traceability of technical safety requirements for system software components
- Support the definition of safety requirements and architectures together with multi-site teams to ensure the system components are developed to meet customer specific requirements
- Work on self-guided cross-functional teams and interface globally where you will help make decisions
- Actively support internal safety audits, reviews, & assessments
- Mentor the team and application team on technical issues, tools, and processes as necessary
Really need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or in a related technical discipline is required. Master’s degree or PhD is preferred
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in the field of system safety engineering & software development
- Track record of successfully performing Functional Safety Systems Engineering tasks for ADAS/AD features
- Solid knowledge of relevant standards and methods i.e. ASPICE,ISO26262, ISO/PAS 21448
- Knowledge of documenting system or subsystem architecture in an unambiguous, clear, and understandable way
- 5+ years of solid understanding of systems and software engineering/architecture – know how to write requirements that team members can successfully implement and test
- Self-motivated; bringing structure to a highly unstructured task; ability to set the technical direction and guide a team towards it long before others can
- Experienced in requirements management tools like DOORS, Polarion, and Integrity MKS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
Nice to have
- Automotive embedded system experience
- AUTOSAR knowledge
- Experience in requirements/user story development
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Unit testing, and system and software integration
- MISRA C++ and/or other coding standards
- Prior experience with vehicle autonomy, UAV, or robotics
- Tools & Technology
- Knowledge of UML or SysML and modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Basic to intermediate C,C++, MATLAB, Simulink experience
- Requirements management tools such as CodeBeamer, Systemweaver, DOORS
- Experience with Agile Scrum, especially LeSS and SAFe scaled solutions
- Experience with Functional Safety Analysis tools such as Medini
What we have for you:
- Competitive Salary + bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and company-paid disability and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching program
- Maternity/paternity leave
- 3-5 weeks of vacation DOE
- Flexible work hours
- Casual working environment
- No dress code
- Car Stipend
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.