Our public, multi-billion in sales Retail client company is the #1 Retailer in the U.S. in their business model. We are looking for a Data and Analytics expert to provide support and leadership for the company's major expansion and international growth.
Senior Statistical Analyst
Reports to: HR Analysis & Technology Manager
The Sr. Statistical Analyst applies statistical and other data mining methodologies to perform business analysis related to store performance. These analyses include explanatory and predictive modeling, and other ad hoc analyses all with a goal of providing decision support to the HR Leadership team as well as to other decision-makers in the company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research, test, and apply predictive modeling techniques to human resource data to determine those factors that most reliably predict retention and wage growth. Create predictive models based on those factors that will provide HR leadership guidance when developing future initiatives.
• Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support, and execute our business decisions.
• Act as an internal consultant by understanding business needs, scoping data requests, synthesizing insights, and recommending solutions to key business partners in collaboration with other members.
• Investigate ways to measure and visualize existing processes for internal efficiency analysis and stakeholder communication.
• Manage multiple concurrent projects that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders while balancing impact on business needs.
• Deliver analytical, survey or research results to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Work with other members of HRIS team improve processes and make recommendations to leadership.
• Become data subject matter expert from all areas of HR including Benefits, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, Training, Organizational Development, and Human Capital Management.
• Leverage tools, such as SAS, SQL, Tableau, and Excel to drive analytics and enable client self-service on routine queries.
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does provide leadership, training, and coaching to other team members as well as Project Management.
Position Skills and Requirements:
• MBA/MA/MS or equivalent work experience in a field that emphasizes analyzing, displaying, or reporting on data (e.g., computer science, math, engineering, economics, statistics) • 5+ years’ experience in applying statistical and other data mining methods to deliver timely insights and translating insights into practical and actionable business results. These methods include techniques such as Multiple Linear Regression, Random Forest, Logistic Regression, Time Series Analysis, Generalized Boosted Regression Models, Decision Trees, and Cluster Analysis.