endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the company’s financial statements. This individual will be responsible for general ledger account reconciliations and creating and entering journal entries for monthly close process. In addition to these responsibilities, this individual will be involved preparing financial statements, accounting related projects, process improvements and provide administrative support when necessary.
- Prepare and enter journal entries at month, quarter, and year end close.
- Participate in monthly closing of general ledger to ensure accuracy while instituting time saving measures to compress the close schedule.
- Perform variance analyses and monthly account reconciliations with proper documentation.
- Firm understanding of accounting for capital and operating leases
- Understanding and willingness to learn complex and technical accounting.
- Assist with external & internal financial audits and the documentation/monitoring of internal controls
- Perform ad hoc and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a strong understanding of Accounting theory; Public accounting experience, Master’s degree, or CPA a plus
- 5-7 years work experience in Accounting; related industry experience highly preferred
- Strong skills in MS Office products, particular MS Excel; experience with Great Plains and Management Reporter preferred
- Experience using MS Access (building queries, reports, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to work and communicate cooperatively and collaboratively within all levels of the organization
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.