Senior Staff Accountant - Macon, GA
- Perform month end closing including account analysis and journal entries.
- Prepare journal entries of routine and non-routine accounting transactions.
- Analysis and interpretation of variances and trends on financial statements.
- Assist in preparation of financial and operating reports including trial balances, adjustments and closing entries.
- Determine proper classification of fixed assets for depreciation purposes and enter and monitor fixed asset transactions.
- Prepare property tax returns.
- Perform cash and credit card verifications.
- Perform daily cash flow analysis and make recommendations.
- Prepare and maintain spreadsheets for account analysis and reconciliation, including inventory, pre-paids and accruals.
- Reconcile bank accounts and resolve pending items.
- Reconcile physical inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 2+ years fixed asset experience
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel (includes creation of pivot tables and formulas), Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- ERP financial software exposure required, F
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong general ledger accounting, journal entry preparation, and reconciliation skills.
Base salary 70k-80k plus Excellent benefits. Click here to apply online