Senior Specialist, Talent Acquisition
About the Organization:
The organization is a professional membership association headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia. The organization supports the role of human resources as a profession and provides education, certification, and networking to its members, while lobbying Congress on issues pertinent to labor management.
- Revenue: $113M
- Number of employees: 400
- Members: 285,000
The organization has an exciting opportunity for a smart and inquisitive Talent Acquisition professional. Together, alongside a dynamic team of HR professionals, you will help move the HR profession forward and become a sought-after professional within the Talent Management space. With an entrepreneurial spirit, you will participate in the development of a “best in class” portfolio of programs to attract, retain, and engage the organization talent.
The Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for managing full life cycle recruitment of full-time, part-time, temporary, contractual and intern personnel in support of the organization’s commitment to its members and profession of enhancing the talent of the organization workforce.
- Recruit for full-time, part-time, temporary, contractual and intern personnel. Manage full life cycle recruitment (post, source, prescreen, schedule, background, references, offer, onboarding, etc.); Complete hiring process within the organization defined metrics to minimize overall time-to-start. Collaborates with hiring managers, in concert with the Manager, Talent Acquisition, in the development of appropriate marketing strategies, defines roles and responsibilities of hiring team and develop service level agreements to ensure an effective and efficient recruitment lifecycle while minimizing cost-per-hire.
- Develops and implements sourcing strategies to build a pipeline of available candidates in anticipating hiring needs.
- Manages recruiting efforts to create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity and competitive advantage.
- Provides accurate and relevant data for the research of competitors and stays abreast of the current market trends as they relate to both recruitment and total rewards.
- Provides data, analysis and information for organizational strategic planning and provides effective support for PM and QI policy development.
- Leads the development, implementation, and on-going management of training programs that focus on enabling the workforce to achieve improvements with priority organizational concerns.
- Conducts and facilitates presentations and training as it relates to new hire orientation, recruiting and training for the organization.
- Manages New Hire Onboarding program to include introducing New Hires to the organization’s Onboarding site, educating hiring departments on roles and responsibilities, and conducting surveys to assess effectiveness of program. Work in conjunction with Communications team regarding site maintenance and updates.
- Work collaboratively with the HR team in meeting the overall HR objectives.
- Supports the organization-wide strategic initiatives ensuring they are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related field; Master's degree preferred.
- the organization-CP or the organization-SCP must be obtained within first year of employment.
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resources with a focus in Talent Acquisition.
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Experience capturing metrics and producing various reports.
- Experience in partnering with other HR personnel (i.e. benefits, compensation, employee relations, etc.) to drive and meet business objectives.
- Prior recruitment experience in one or more of the following:
- Digital & Information Technology
- Accounting & Finance
- General Counsel
- Global Development
- Experience utilizing social media within the recruitment process.