Senior Specialist, Employee Engagement
About the Organization:
The organization is a professional membership association headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia. The organization supports the role of human resources as a profession and provides education, certification, and networking to its members, while lobbying Congress on issues pertinent to labor management.
- Revenue: $113M
- Number of employees: 400
- Members: 285,000
If you are a communications professional who shares the organization’s bold purpose to make work better for everyone, everywhere then join our smart, curious, open, collaborative team that believes in being flexible and agile while striving for excellence and accountability.
The organization is seeking an Employee Engagement Specialist who is passionate about creating a culture that supports the development of amazing work in a creative environment. The specialist will manage day-to-day communication to key internal stakeholders including Employees, Board, and State/Local Chapters all playing an important role in supporting the organization as the voice of all things work. The ideal candidate will bring an understanding of employee engagement, executive visibility and stakeholder engagement through internal communications channels. Strong writing and communication and project management skills coupled with the ability to multi-task will be the keys to success in this position.
This role must understand the unique power of employee engagement and how an organization can connect with its audiences. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, a successful candidate must commit him/herself to gaining a deep understanding of how to best position the organization and the organization leadership to engage both the global employee and partner base, as well as micro-target based on functional priorities.
- Manage day-to-day employee engagement projects to drive employee engagement and foster a high-performance culture within a transformational organization
- Strategically plan and then develop content for employee engagement programs that foster community and inclusion at all levels.
- Lead employee engagement events, ranging from social functions to STAR Coffees to all-hands communications meetings, ensuring all planning and logistics are well-executed and meet expectations.
- Ensure program deadlines are met with high quality while handling multiple projects.
- Live the organization’s culture and represent the organization in the marketplace.
- Manage the cascade of information between HQ employees, the field force, Volunteers, Boards, Chapter and State Councils, and other interconnected audiences.
- Help create the story by developing editorial calendars, monitoring trends, creating content for internal platforms as well as social media - Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Support executive visibility efforts.
- Partner with the organization Foundation on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives
- Produce metric reports.
- Understand how to internally communicate the story around Government Affairs and policy.
- Manage the organization in intranet optimizing and updating regularly to consistently improve the employee experience.
- Partner with internal data analytics team to formulate and execute targeted communications focused on improving program performance.
- Work with subject matter experts (internal and panels) to update and improve assets.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or additional real-world work experience with a proven track record of success in an employee communications role for a company of more than 300
- 5 - 8 years of agency and/or in-house experience in a communication environment – employee, internal or related.
- Track record of successful engagement strategies with employees and internal stakeholders
- Proven experience in areas of PR planning, execution, measurement/metrics, and project management.
- Strong writing, editing and multi-tasking skills with a sharp eye for detail.
- Proactive thinker with the ability to recognize problems and opportunities in advance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong aptitude to write long and short-form content.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Technology savvy.
- Highly organized and ability to juggle multiple tasks with competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent interpersonal skills.