Tekberry is looking for a Sr. Software Test Engineer to work on-site with our client: a world-class, Fortune-1000 electronics company in Loveland, CO. Our clients rely on Tekberry to provide exceptional people to handle demanding short and long-term contract assignments.
This is a long-term (2 years), at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Improve the quality of software (SW) and firmware (FW) currently being developed.
- Assume ownership for current regression tests, including documenting results.
- Update regressions test for new FW and SW releases.
- Recommend and implement new strategy and processes to increase efficiency and quality of releasing new SW and FW solutions.
- Take lead in reproducing and troubleshooting customer application/support feedback to ‘close the loop’ on defects being reported.
- Work with R&D to develop workarounds, example code for short term responses to customer defects.
- Verify permanent resolution of defects and provide communication back to customer.
- For customer application related learnings on aforementioned solutions, work with appropriate application engineers to develop needed application collateral.
- For R&D application support, help define experiments, assemble test setups and create automation applications as needed.
- Results of SW and FW quality improvement will be monitored quarterly, with a thorough review of impact after one year.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
- Experience with automation and programming test and measurement equipment.
- Ability to provide direct customer support and clearly communicate results.
- Interest in investigating and researching new concepts.
- 5+ years of software development or testing experience.
- Experience with C/C++, C#, Visual Studio, Git, and package management. (removed unnecessary languages)
- Expertise in modern object-oriented software design methodologies and agile development practices.
- Competitive spirit and strong desire to win.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and collaborate effectively with global team members to accomplish tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.