Why Work Here?
“Multi-national company that has been in business for over 20 years selling innovative engineering tools to global Fortune 500 companies.”
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, motivated software engineer to develop C#, C++ and .NET software for our windows based ScanWorks product that enables companies to adequately test their custom developed PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards).
This position applies to software engineers who develop software for our ScanWorks products. This includes developing both C++ and C# software to run under Windows. As a senior level engineer, this person is expected to be able to solve complex problems on their own, and to provide mentoring to more junior engineers. As a senior level engineer in a small company, this person will be expected to thrive in an environment where multi-tasking is required.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Develop new code from customer requirements
- Sustain existing C# and C++ code.
- Work with project manager and product owner to meet specification needs
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create documentation for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Ensure high quality by defining and executing unit test plans and system test plans
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Lead meetings to discuss issues and reach consensus on solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years’ experience developing software using C#, .NET, C++, C in a Windows environment, testing software and defining software architecture.
- Experience using development tools including Visual Studio, Subversion, defect tracking tools (e.g., TestTrack, Bugzilla, Jira)
- Experience working with geographically distributed development teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Visual Studio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) with the ability to learn other software tools (ScanWorks BST, Salesforce, etc.) as required.
- Knowledge/experiencewith PCB testing in development and/or manufacturing using IEEE 1149.1/6 type tools
- Well organized with strong analytical skills and a disciplined approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills to work effectively across functional disciplines.
- Ability to write requirements specifications and test documentation
- Ability analyze system issues and discern software from hardware issues
- Willing to work on all parts of the software life cycle. This includes requirements definition, design, implementation, test, deployment, and support
- Ability to complete software maintenance tasks. Capable of understanding software written by others and modifying it or redesigning it
Supervisory Responsibilities: Potentially as a team leader