Senior Software Architect
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Support business development activities through analysis of customer and market requirements and comparison against GD-MS product lines along with other vendor products/capabilities. Recommend the development of new capabilities in support of market and customer needs.
- Perform software requirements analysis, system integration activities, lead research, designs, develop and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products.
- Support SIGINT program pursuits and execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the assessment of the system level functional and performance requirements and the definition of software system implementation strategies.
- Working closely with the RF/DSP engineering and capture teams to perform trade studies pertaining to the development of the control, status, varied analytic application infrastructure and execution, along with operator visualization functionality. The software functionality will entail architectures and concepts that facilitate the real-time operation of the system as well as the open architectural model that allows for the seamless integration of third party/COTS applications.
- Development of buildup, integration and system level test approaches and plans.
- Evaluate Customer requirements as they apply to the system level capabilities to include preparation and delivery of customer briefings and capability demonstrations.
- Agile experience preferred. Experience in embedded real-time software applications associated with communications is ideal.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Large-Scale Software Architectures – Open Systems Architecture
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Agile Development Methodologies
- C/C++ code development, integration and test
- JAVA code development, integration and test
- System and Subsystem integration and test
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.