For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2016, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $124 billion in banking assets
- $6.7 trillion in assets under custody
- $8.5 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $942 billion in assets under management
Responsible for developing and administering the solutions that meet system expectations relative to scalability, performance, fault tolerance, usability, and data integrity. Also delivers solutions that meet end user expectations relative to performance, usability and security for the Information Security Engineering and Support function.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Analyze and Design Policies for enterprise applications
- Act as a communicational bridge between technical and business teams
- Provide System support with OES environment
- Document and publish the policies standards for application teams
- Stay up to date with IT security standards
- Define and promote security standards
- Develop, Enhance and Monitor security services APIs
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- 10+ years in a relative field of work
- Ability to work with vended tools and perform maintenance and support activities like patching, upgrade, server health check, monitoring etc.
- Ability to configure vended applications, develop policies per vended tool capability, manage and update configurations
- Ability to work with Technology and Business groups on policy management and governance
- Ability to collaborate with architecture and application team members to define best practices.
- Ability to write guidelines, onboarding and support documents
- Perform support activities, diagnose and correct system performance problems.
- Good understanding of Linux and UNIX environments
- Skilled with Java, SQL, HTML, XML, JSON, GIT, JDeveloper, REST and SOAP Web services. Experience with scripting languages.
- Understanding of SSL with working knowledge of configuring certificates, setting up SSL/TLS and two-way SSL/TLS connections.
- Experience with Oracle Entitlement Server and Encryption tools/technologies is preferred
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
reports to an SVP
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Excellent inner personal skills as well as a passion around Information Security. • Experience with a variety of the following security technologies: network and application firewalls, SEIM, IDS/IPS, endpoint protection, content filtering, authentication and authorization controls, data loss prevention, vulnerability scanners, forensics software, identity and access management, encryption, and certificate management • Understanding of adversarial tactics, techniques, and response mitigation procedures • Ability to develop creative solutions and navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced, agile environment • Understanding of cloud solution best practices and integration techniques • Must have working knowledge and experience of current Information Security best practices in a large corporate environment
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Cert's. not required
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Very Visible group! Team are all recognized experts in their field.