GeneCoda has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates, for a US sales force expansion.
About Our Client:
Based on an award-winning platform, our client leverages novel technology that assists Pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturers and laboratories work far more efficiently. Companies in the life sciences sector who seek both efficiency and compliance will benefit from our client’s elegant and intuitive solution. Our client’s technology solution falls within the context of an extremely high growth rate field that Goldman Sachs estimates to be around $35B in category spend by 2025.
Remember the early days of ELN’s for scientific labs and EDC for clinical trials?
Recount the market adoption rate of these enterprise solutions and the significant growth that occurred with the company’s involved in them over the past decade or so to get a sense of what the opportunity is in this nascent field today.
Given the immediate impact, the short-term investment cycle and ongoing nature of the ROI found in our client’s platform, they have been exceptionally busy fielding inbound inquiries from customers in the pharmaceutical and CDMO industry and are now ready to commence hiring a field sales force for a more proactive approach.
In this role, the (Senior) Account Executive will be responsible for seeding new business and the development of a customer base and a robust opportunity pipeline.
- Leverage relationships to pursue global complex manufacturers/Laboratories and work with internal product development and support teams to ensure continued customer success.
- Establish and execute a business plan to enable achievement of annual strategic and tactical objectives for the assigned
- Achieve individual annual sales target for the region.
- Develop and manage a complete sales pipeline to ensure adequate lead inflow of new business.
- Obtain and interpret customer feedback as it relates to the performance and application of existing products. Consistently gather customer input regarding future product needs and communicate this information to internal teams.
- Perform all other assigned sales activities, including CRM management, pricing, and agreement negotiation.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Life Sciences, Business or related discipline.
- 5+ years of recent software sales experience selling to Pharma / Lab / Manufacturing environments.
- Proven track record of sales quota achievement.
- Prior experience in SaaS, desired.
- Prior experience introducing novel products to the market, desired.
- Interest in next-generation technology.
- Self-motivated and results focused.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.