The Senior Analyst will be the analytical lead responsible for coordinating robust strategies for their assigned sales channels and product portfolios. This role will partner closely with the Commercial Sales team to develop sound business solutions that will drive sales growth and increased profitability through the use of internal and external volume analysis. Key elements of the role include consolidating and translating numbers into information that helps the company make better decisions. The Senior Analyst will work closely with a variety of people within the business inclusive of Sales, IT, Finance, Supply Chain, and Strategy. The responsibilities of this role are varied, creating a very challenging, dynamic and rewarding work environment.
- Partner with Commercial team to provide strategic recommendations, in-depth market analysis, and volume/market pricing projections for new product efforts.
- Work closely with various cross functional departments to assess the impact of market trends, competitive dynamics, and supply chain/operational constraints on market demand and pricing.
- Work with Supply Chain to understand plant capabilities and constraints to assess the impact on forecasts and opportunities as well as potential alternatives for the customer.
- Work with Product Development and Procurement to understand the ingredients needed for each product, all relevant constraints, and potential alternatives for the customer.
- Adhere to company’s structures, capabilities, and processes based on insights from internal and external sources including, but not limited to, competitive dynamics, market trends, customer research, commodity trends, and operational information.
- Support new product efforts through in-depth market analysis and modeling for new products / new customers.
- Partner with all levels of management in driving solutions to enhance product performance.
- Make formal and informal presentations on customer and product strategies and provide key insights and recommendations.
- Analyze volume, mix and pricing changes within their assigned sales channel and key categories. Summarize trends with respect to performance vs Prior Year, forecast, plan, and work with FP&A and the Commercial team to accurately reflect those trends into the Budget/Forecast.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- This position will need to navigate through large data sets and summarize findings into management level communication.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills; proficiency working in Excel, SAP and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to present fact-based recommendations across various levels of management.
- Attention to detail, planning and organizational skill.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player who is able to collaborate with multiple functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in financial analysis, revenue analytics, or related field.
- Experience interacting directly with sales and business teams.
- Strong understanding of internal and syndicated data synthesis, forecasting, and strategy development through execution is preferred.