Reporting to the Director of Safety of one of the largest asset-based drayage, over-the-road, brokerage, and warehousing companies that has been in business for over 30 years. The leadership's combined industry experience is over 100 years and drives toward excellence in a growth-oriented transportation business. Company is committed to sustainable practices by fostering a company-wide awareness of the urgency to reduce diesel emissions, with the goal of converting the entire fleet to zero or near-zero emission vehicles
The Senior Safety and Compliance Manager is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of programs and activities that lead to the prevention of accidents, incidents and events that harm people, property or the environment, Reviews the overall safety and compliance as well as the driver training program, covering 6 facilities with over 200 drivers. Additionally, responsibilities include DOT compliance of drivers, equipment and facilities, including training of personnel, electronic driver log compliance, accident management, and terminal DOT, OSHA and EPA audit. Challenge is to assure compliance of all regulatory requirement and development of one of the safest fleets in the industry. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Safety Acumen (5 yrs.)
- Driver Qualification Files
- Hours of Service records of duty.
- Vehicle Maintenance requirements
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
- Hazardous Materials.
- Driver On-Boarding & Orientation.
- CSA, FMCSA, DOT, HOS, ELD, & OSHA knowledge
- Accident-Incident, injury investigation, prevention
- Safety Audits (i.e. DOT & OSHA)
- Computer Literate (Office 2000 suite, Word, Excel)
- Residence: Rancho Dominguez, CA (relocation assistance)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- All requirements under California’s BIT program (Basic Inspection of Terminals).
- Licensed Motor Carrier compliance.
- Speak to & train large groups of drivers.
- Multi-facility exposure
- Class A CDL
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (i.e. business, Logistics or Transportation)
- Excellent communications (written, oral and presentation)
- Coach & mentor drivers
- Motivates people through collaboration
- Strong organizational and Project Management skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Josiah DiPaolo
330.664.9400, ext.140Click here to apply online