Senior Safety Advisor – (Steep Slope) - Pipeline Construction (Hope, BC)
Recruitment Partners Inc. is proud to be supporting a Construction Contractor in the provision of services to a large pipeline construction project. We are currently in search of a Senior Safety Advisor for work in the Hope, BC area. The successful candidate(s) will be working with our Client, a successful Construction Contractor, and will be accountable for ensuring all procedures and operational activities are conducted in accordance with the Health & Safety Legislation.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Developing and implementing safety strategies, policies and practices for on-site construction;
- Assessing, developing and recommending steep slope safety procedures in conjunction with Construction Managers, Project Managers, and Superintendents in ensuring compliance at the work location;
- Ensuring the corporate safety procedures are compliant with the Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and WHMIS regulations;
- Conducting site surveillance inspections and ensuring staff are adequately trained as per employee contractor safety programs;
- Collaborating with safety, health and insurance inspectors while completing walk-through tours;
- Accurately document all accidents, safety violations and unsafe work conditions;
- Recommending corrective actions and assisting in the investigation of all incident reports.
Your strengths include:
- 8+ years of safety experience within the pipeline construction and Oil & Gas industries;
- Steep Slope advisement experience is required;
- Experience working on 2 or 3 major pipeline projects;
- CRSP or NCSO certification is required;
- Solid understanding of construction safety standards and practices, current Legislative requirements and the Canada Labour Code;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with staff at all levels of the organization;
- Desire to support all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as demonstrate a commitment to safety at all times;
- Exhibits a professional demeanor coupled with strong organizational and problem solving skills.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Jason Dick.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance Sales & Operations Supply Chain Human Resources Office Support Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner - to learn more!