endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Join a Global Leader and help develop next gen “brain of interior vehicle systems”
Senior Software Engineer - Model Based Design Engineer
IMPACT and OPPORTUNITY
We are transforming the future of personalized passenger comfort with the smart, individual climate zone solution named ClimateSense™, tailored to the autonomous, electrified and ridesharing ecosystem of the future. Software will be the key driver for the transformation of the organization as well as for an entire industry. We are seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Model-Based Design (MBD) Software Engineer in the Advanced Systems Organization based in Northville, MI. This position will be responsible for design, development and verification of microclimate control algorithms using simulation-based techniques, code generation and integration into production intent embedded platforms.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and coach software developers, developing Microclimate control algorithms.
- Demonstrate best-practice software development utilizing model based design (MBD).
- Work with system team to establish best-in-class software requirement and validation process.
- Define technical concepts to integrate generated code into production intent embedded platforms.
- Lead software integration and validation
- Roll out model-based design principals in additional projects and platforms globally
- Leverage best-practice software development methodologies and apply continuous improvement
- Collaborate with cross-functional and cross-regional teams working in an agile development environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Controls, Software or Mechanical Engineering or similar degree
- 10 years minimum experience in developing embedded control algorithms using Model-Based Design and MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow
- Experience with C programming and deploying embedded software on production microcontrollers
- Familiarity with automotive electronics hardware, software and systems requirements, functional objectives and validation methods and tools
- Experience with agile tools and methods
- Experience in problem identification and resolution
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and business relation skills
- Expert using MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow
- Relevant experience with climate systems calibration, software or controls
- Experience with debuggers, emulators, compilers, static and dynamic test tools
- Experience with automotive process standards (ASPICE, CMMI, ISO-26262)
- Experience using Jira and Confluence for software planning
- Experience in use of IBM Rational Tool Set (Jazz, RM, QM)
- Experience with Vector tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, etc.)
- Experience with automotive communications protocols such as CAN, LIN
TRAVEL: Up to 10%, Local / Global
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.