Our Fortune 300, $13B client, is a leader in their retail business segment with sales and profit increases year after year and record-breaking earnings for 2020. Forbes also recognized them as being one of America's Best Employers.
Reports To: Director, Digital Experience
In this newly created role for our Fortune 300, industry-leading client, you will manage all technical and content SEO strategies for the $13B enterprise. Leading a team of exceptionally skilled Subject Matter experts and agency partners, you will drive organic traffic growth for B2C, B2B, and international sites. By developing and implementing cutting-edge SEO strategies and tactics, you will create a best-in-class eCommerce SEO program. In this highly visible role, the ability to think bigger picture will enable you to routinely have strategic discussions with Executives and C-Suite leaders and evangelize SEO throughout the company.
SEO Tactics & Strategy
- Direct the strategic development and management of new and existing initiatives that will drive organic traffic, conversion, revenue growth, and profitability for the online channel, blending performance with an intense focus on scale, growth, and business impact.
- Leverage comprehensive SEO knowledge to enhance projects that drive solutions for real-world problems.
- Prioritize and manage optimization efforts to drive search metrics and rankings.
- Create link strategies and coordinate with Content, Merchandising, and IT to ensure growth in Domain Authority.
- Identify technical opportunities to improve SEO rankings.
- Identify opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to the customer.
- Stay abreast of changes in the online SEO environment to serve the organization's objectives best; adjust plans accordingly.
- Analyze Google Console to understand and take tactical action to ensure SEO rank remains unchanged and improves.
- Measure and analyze the impact of existing functionalities.
- Develop process and reports to ensure accuracy of data and its presentations.
Leadership & Cross-Functional Partnerships
- Build strong internal relationships; evangelize SEO throughout the company, and work cross-functionally to gain alignment and buy-in on SEO strategy and projects.
- Lead SEO projects across IT, Product, Finance, Marketing, and Merchandising.
- Partner with Paid Digital teams to enhance search and drive sales.
- Spot opportunities for improving the customer experience and work with the digital experience teams to implement.
- Work closely with Store Operations to identify opportunities and drive execution to resolve.
- Work closely with website analysts to understand all SEO activities, impact, and understand hurdle rates for new activities.
- Manage Domains across the organization in partnership with IT to enhance the company's SEO positioning.
- Partner with the Content and Catalog teams, developing a process that ensures SEO value and optimizations.
- Manage Third-party relationships and optimizations.
- 7+ years SEO experience in a fast-paced, B2B and B2C multi-channel retail environment.
- 3+ years of experience leading high-performance SEO teams, with a focus on mobile-first SEO strategies.
- Previous experience in scaling organic search capabilities for large eCommerce sites.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage and influence senior executives to drive decision-making.
- Project Management skills.
- Multi-national experience a plus.