Our client is currently seeking a full-time Senior SAP Program/Project Manager to join their in-house ERP project team. Given the strategic importance of this project and role, the position reports directly to the CEO and works in direct partnership with the CIO. You will be responsible for managing the SAP S/4 HANA deployment and implementations across all business units. Based in Hunt Valley, MD, this role will be responsible for managing the SAP Project resources, budgets, and project plan as well as leading the Consulting Company Project Manager, Client Business Project Manager and the Client IT Project Manager. The role will be responsible for designing and deploying an Enterprise Center of Excellence (COE) to lead future project phases and enhancements, and provide ongoing support.
The transformation project will replace an array of 30-year old systems and will require a rich understanding of transitioning complex legacy environments to a modern enterprise infrastructure and applications landscape. The team will be implementing core SAP functionality for Finance (Record-to-Report), Order Management (Quote-to-Cash), Manufacturing (Light Manufacturing and Assembly) and Procurement (Plan-to-Pay). Post Go-Live this role will be responsible for driving projects related to optimizing our Landscape around the SAP ERP.
Responsibilities Will Include
- Executive leadership and collaboration with senior executive stakeholders and steering committee.
- Organization communications and change management oversight, ensuring transition and adoption.
- Project Planning, Scoping and Design.
- Financial and Contractual Management.
- Risk/Issue Management.
- Quality and Change Management.
- Client Relationship Management.
- Project Closure.
- Major contributor to progress the SAP solution, making key design and delivery decisions and seen as leader of the team.
- Perform hands-on management to supplement work stream leads.
- Delivery of project design and solution.
- Delivery of projects within timescales and budgets.
- Identification, analysis and mitigation or escalation of potential risks and issues.
- Ensuring quality of project deliverables and management of quality issues.
- Successful management of change within Client organizations.
- Maintaining all necessary communication lines within project teams and Client organizations.
- Achieving successful business sign off and handover to post implementation support function.
- Definition of project deliverables and scope.
- Setup and maintenance of risk and issue management policies and procedures.
- Resource scheduling and allocation.
- Setting up and running of review/status meetings with project team, client sponsors and steering committees.
- Manage SAP solution integration.
- Contributing to SAP design and solution – making design and approach decisions, lead the solution implementation at a detailed level.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of overall SAP experience with business / functional experience in Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Distribution.
- Minimum of 5 years leading SAP ERP implementation projects. Multiple (3+) Full-Lifecycle Implementations of SAP ERP – at least 1 HANA S/4 Implementation preferred.
- Experience managing an SAP Project implementing Financial, Sales & Distribution, Materials Management, and Manufacturing modules.
- Experience with complex integrations into different Applications – eCommerce, Warehouse Management System, Product Information System, Demand Supply Planning, and Customer Relationship Management System – from different Vendors is a must.
- Experience of SAP Activate methodology (or Similar SAP Implementation Methodologies) and Agile (SAFe) development methods.
- Builds immediate credibility with key stakeholders.
- Consumer Products, Manufacturing, or Wholesale Distribution experience is highly-preferred with Wholesale Distribution being the most preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- SAFe Certified.
- SAP Certifications.