Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Senior Rocket Systems Engineering role to join our team at the Rockwood Propellant Plant. Our Rockwood facility is located just 20 minutes North of Winnipeg, near Stony Mountain, MB.
The Senior Rocket Systems Engineering role will report to the Propulsion Engineering Manager, and the primary focus of this position is to support development, manufacture, and testing of propulsion products.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free parking
- Support the technical definition of new and ongoing production of existing propulsion products.
- Undertake the design and development of new propulsion products and related technologies.
- Prepare, review and approve technical documentation.
- Direct the activities of other engineers and technologists.
- Manage projects and programs.
- Undertake analytical studies related to various aspects of the design, manufacture, and operation of solid propellant rocket motors and associated components/systems
- Lead and/or support the preparation of technical proposals for new work, including Statements of Work, estimates and schedules.
- Liaise with other internal departments, external agencies, customers, and suppliers as required to implement project activities.
- Provide customer support with respect to the deployment, maintenance, and operation of propulsion products and related systems.
- Post-secondary education from a recognized University or College; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- EGM membership or eligibility for professional accreditation.
- Eligible for Security Clearance to NATO Secret level.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the design and production of propulsion and/or defence products.
- Experience with aerospace quality systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organization and time management skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.