Position: Senior Risk Analyst - JP4653
Duration: 1 Year
Location: Downtown Toronto
This role will be primarily responsible to support the Director, Risk Management with conducting Risk and Control Self Assessments with the business over the next 2 years. There are about 20 RCSAs planned during this timeframe.
Risk & Control Self - Assessments
- Documentation of the business processes into a ‘narrative’ document by interviewing the business – this involves a fast comprehension of the business process and/or being assertive to quickly clarify process understanding combined with strong writing skills
- Ability to articulate key risks and controls in a concise and clear manner - this involves strong understanding of what are the genuine risks within a business process and what would be the appropriate mitigating controls
- Identification of process enhancement opportunities within a business function with improved controls ultimately leading to development of action plans
- Strong organizational/planning skills to keep the RCSA process moving in a timely and efficient manner considering the work that needs to be conducted along with key meetings that need to be scheduled
Other risk work
- Assist with quarterly risk reporting for the GWAM and CWAM committees covering operational risk and investment risk
- Contribute to the development of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to track identified risks
- Collect, review and reconcile internal and external risk incidents/ loss events, ensure they are addressed timely, including root cause analysis
- The ideal candidate will have some background in the asset management industry across various asset classes relevant to the division they support, which may include fixed income, equities, real estate, private debt, mortgages, derivatives, with knowledge of various vehicle types such as separate accounts, mutual funds, ETFs, and guaranteed investment products / segregated funds.
- In addition, the candidate will have experience in the design, implementation and/or execution of the Operational Risk Management framework for a large financial institution.
- Strong writing skills are required for this role and a written test will be conducted.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- An upcoming risk professional with a minimum 5 years of related experience in risk management, finance and/or audit experience. (Years of experience will determine if the role is a Senior Analyst or Manager)
- Strong working knowledge of the wealth and asset management industry and familiar with the current regulatory environment and the risks facing Financial Institutions
- Expertise and knowledge of ORM concepts and practices (Risk and Control Self Assessments, Risk Indicators, risk events, scenario analysis)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to articulate complex technical issues
- A strong moral compass and a commitment to high ethical standards
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills and proven ability to develop effective working relationships with business and functional partners to influence decisions
- Strong program and project management skills and ability to independently manage multiple, conflicting priorities and deliver a quality result within tight deadlines,
- A highly motivated and results-oriented individual with an established track record in building effective programs and transforming strategy into action
- Highly developed business acumen with ability to synthesize complex information from various sources, identifying key points and issues
- Solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills and the ability to motivate others to implement new solutions