This hands-on Recruiting Sr. Manager will be responsible for all aspects of experienced staffing. Leading recruiting team, this position will manage recruitment, internal placement and work on special projects as needed. This position will be expected to counsel management on all types of issues pertaining to open requisitions, sourcing and screening, interviewing and extending offers, with candidates.
- Perform high volume full cycle recruitment activities of restaurant staff positions for a fast-growing restaurant chain brand
- Effectively create the shortlist of candidates by sourcing, screening, interviewing, selecting candidates for interview, managing offer approval process and onboarding for restaurant locations in various states.
- Post open positions internally and externally utilizing the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Utilize various recruitment tools and resources to maximize the recruiting efforts as well as to push across social channels.
- Track applicants through the selection phase to onboarding and maintain/ update the ATS.
- Work collaboratively with the Human Resources Team and the business operations to execute various recruitment programs (marketing campaign, events, campus hire, referral program etc.).
- Provide innovative recruiting/onboarding strategies and tactical implementations to ensure a continuous stream of exceptional candidates to support business needs.
- Design employment branding and recruitment marketing strategies.
- Develop / Enhance processes for increased operational efficiencies.
- Build and scale recruiting programs, processes, and infrastructure to support the effectiveness and efficiencies of the recruiting function.
- Manage the end-to-end recruiting process, ensuring a seamless experience for candidates and hiring managers.
- Serve as both a leader and a recruiter alongside your team to drive the hiring process from opening the requisition to closing the candidate.
- Develop sourcing channels and programs to build talent pipelines for current and future talent needs.
- Lead the selection, contract negotiation, and management of external vendors to include third-party search partners, job boards, etc.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in the areas of recruitment and candidate assessment.
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of recruiters skilled in successfully filling open positions with quality candidates in a timely manner.
- Leverage recruitment analytics to communicate performance and optimize recruiting strategies.
- Strong understanding of Human Resources principles, with experience handling complex and sensitive employee matters; ability to develop long-term plans and programs, to evaluate work accomplishments and to build relationships with Operations
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines
- High aptitude in creative problem-solving, exercising sound judgement with a strong passion for Employee Relations a must. Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form; ability to effectively deliver classroom training, facilitate meetings
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of HR recruiting experience in a multi-store and multi-state in restaurant industry
- Experience in a fast-paced, growing franchise environment preferred
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Psychology, or Education, preferred
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bilingual in Spanish, highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of state (California required, Nevada preferred) and Federal employment practices, policies, legal & EEOC guidelines, as well as compensation, wage and hour, benefits administration
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and HRIS systems required. Experience with applicant tracking systems including HRIS systems, maximizing its functionality, and implementation.
- Up to 75% local (some overnight) travel, required. Must be willing to work some weekends and take calls more aligned to restaurant hours.