Title: Senior R&D Technician
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-6468506677
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Senior R&D Technician to work to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Austin, TX.
This is a long-term contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Support high speed and complex design development by collaborating and participating in new product design and development.
- Great opportunity to become a member of a well-respected and dynamic team.
- Assist the development of state-of-the-art visibility products.
- Conduct environmental testing on all new designs.
- Assist lab management (e.g. system installation and removal) and equipment inventory tasks for IP networking laboratories.
- Collaborate in an open team environment including Software, RTL-FPGA, and Hardware development teams.
- ASET degree or equivalent with 3-5 years relevant experience is required
- Knowledge to test equipment, oscilloscopes, meters, signal generator
- Strong PCBA assembly skills
- Proficient in fine pitch soldering skills
- Experience with Allegro viewer a plus
- Ability to read schematics and complete rework with little supervision
- Experience with environmental chambers a plus
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Excel.
- Basic IP networking knowledge (e.g. IPv4/IPv6 addressing, gateway, subnet).
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written English skills and ability to work in small teams is required.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.