Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 40 hours per week.
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Responsible for all aspects of the upkeep of the Quality Management System and deputise for the Quality Manager in his absence. To support internal and external audits as well as liaising with external customers as required. Will provide training and development support within the team and lead the Continuous Improvement Programme for the site.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Take a lead role in the continual improvement of the organisation using best practice, lean six sigma tools and quality tools.
- Actively support and contribute to the continuous improvement programme and lean manufacturing projects on site through the introduction of methods such as applying the principles of 6S and Kanban to work areas and taking responsibility for maintaining waste management.
- Act as the escalation point for the MRB process and ensure all root cause and corrective actions are completed in a timely manner. Act as a liaison between the Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering department and Operations as required.
- Actively support the development of the Quality Team, inspectors and engineers, and train the team in all aspects of Quality Management including but not limited to: FAI, inspection, CMM operation, control of non-conformances, calibration and audits. Maintain stamp records and other departmental training records.
- Represent the company as required at internal / external audits and customer liaisons.
- Stand in for Quality Inspectors and Quality Engineers as and when required.
- Maintain all departmental reports by verifying reports and KPI’s submitted by inspectors and Quality Engineer and reporting any discrepancies.
- Provide customer support in all aspects of Quality including FAI, complaints or contract review.
- Act as an escalation point for the Quality Inspectors and Quality Engineers in dealing with outstanding or overdue supplier Reject/Debit Notes and liaise Magellan Supplier Quality team as required.
- Maintain the department cell boards as required to ensure information required is current and relevant at all times.
- Positively support teamwork and circulation of experience within the workforce, including but not limited to the operation and logistic teams.
- Work with a minimum amount of supervision and maintain a good level of productivity at all times
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with the company Health & Safety policy and procedures. Report and log Health & Safety incidents that occur.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by management in support of the business.
- Must have served and engineering apprenticeship with a minimum qualification of HNC/HND in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position within the aerospace or automotive industry sectors.
- Numerate, literate, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, FAI.
Other Skills/Abilities/Personal Attributes:
- The jobholder will require a fair level of IT skills including basic understanding of Microsoft applications such as spreadsheet construction, and the creating of word documents. There is also a requirement to use manufacturing integrated systems (ERP).
- The job requires the individual to have a high level of proficiency and communication skills.
- The job holder will be experienced in AS9100 and preferably be skilled as an internal auditor against this standard.
- The job requires good communications ability for the purpose of providing, giving and exchanging information to other employees, departments and people external to the organisation.
- Personable, organised with the ability to multi-task and deliver to agreed timescales..
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!