Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 40 hours per week (Mon – Thurs 07:30-16:30 / Fri 07:30-13:30)
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Responsible for all aspects of the upkeep of the Quality Management System and deputise for the Quality Manager in his absence.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Take a lead role on the development of inspection methods, whether mechanical of electronic, and programming of CMM. Promote best practice in inspection an develop the necessary Standard Operating Procedures.
- Act as the escalation point for the MRB process, and ensure all root causes and corrective actions are completed in a timely manner. Act as a liaison between the Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations where and when required.
- Actively support the development of the Quality Team, inspectors and engineers, and train the team in all aspect of Quality Management such as but not limited to: FAI, inspection, CMM operation, control of non-conformances, calibration and audits. Maintain stamp records and other departmental training records.
- Stand in for quality inspectors and quality engineers as and when required for holiday covers.
- Maintain all departmental reports, verify reports and KPI submitted by inspectors and Quality Engineer and report any discrepancies.
- Support the customers in all aspect of Quality, whether FAI, complaints or contract review.
- Act as an escalation point for the Quality Inspectors and Quality Engineers in dealing with outstanding or overdue supplier Reject/Debit Notes and liaise Magellan Supplier Quality team as required.
- Update the Departmental cell board by updating it/providing information that is requested on it.
- Actively support and contribute to the continuous improvement programme and lean manufacturing projects such as applying the principles of 6S and Kanban to their work area and take responsibility for maintaining their own waste management.
- Positively support teamwork and circulation of experience within the workforce, including but not limited to the operation and logistic teams.
- Work with a minimum amount of supervision and maintain good level of productivity
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with company Health & Safety policy. Report and log Health & Safety incidents that occur
- May occasionally be required to represent the company at external audits and customer liaisons.
Must have served and engineering apprenticeship with a minimum qualification of HNC/HND in an engineering discipline.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position within the aerospace or automotive industry sectors.
Numerate, literate, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, FAI.
- The jobholder will require a fair level of IT skills including basic understanding of Microsoft applications such as spreadsheet construction, and the creating of word documents. There is also a requirement to use manufacturing integrated systems (MRP).
- The job requires the individual to have a high level of proficiency and communication skills.
- The post holder in most cases should have been certified to operate Electronic (CMM) measuring equipment and software.
- The job holder will be experienced in AS9100 and preferably be skilled as an internal auditor against this standard.
- The job requires good communications ability for the purpose of providing, giving and exchanging information to other employees, departments and people external to the organisation.
- Personably, organised with the ability to multi-task and deliver to agreed timescales.