Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer
- Full Time Temporary Contract
- 39 hours per week
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
Magellan Aerospace is looking for a Temporary Senior Quality Engineer to join our Wrexham Quality function. Our successful candidate will be responsible for the management of individuals or teams of QA engineers in order to maintain and/or improve business QMS and approvals through the conducting of audits and reviews. This role requires you to provide production support for dealing with product and process non-conformance, including supporting the identification of RCCA, CI projects and the participation in quality related activity such as FAIRs and any other projects/tasks required to meet customer and business needs.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focused
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- The completion of set objectives, standard/ad hoc tasks, projects or activities to agreed targets, as delegated by line management
- Line management of team of QA Engineers/other QA professionals – performance management, task delegation, professional development and routine support including the maintenance of team performance to meet or exceed agreed targets with QAM
- Representation of the QAD at internal/external meetings as required
- The development of both individuals and the immediate team to improve working efficiency and performance
- Responsible for ensuring the timely processing of non-conforming product is maintained in accordance with the defined procedures for MRB/NCR. Includes scrap, rework and concessionary action
- Take a lead role in investigating large/complex investigations into incidents of reported process failure/product-non-conformance, ensuring the appropriate level of rigour and deployment of appropriate quality tools is made. This may also include the personal investigation of routine non-conformance in order to maintain delivery to target timescales
- QMS & MOS - Ensure that delegated internal audits in support of business QMS are planned and carried out in accordance with the audit schedule and that any issued NCRs are actioned and closed out within agreed targets for timescale. This may include personally conducting some audits to ensure targets are met.
- Accountable for ensuring that any required control plans or supporting documentation are created through collaboration with other business stakeholders to agreed timescales.
- Maintenance of departmental compliance to procedures and processes including periodic review/audit for compliance and the making of any necessary amendment in a timely manner.
- Accountable for ensuring that all FAIR/LAIR s required within the area of responsibility are completed by the team to agreed timescales. This may include personally conducting some FAIRs
- The generation of an agreed set of departmental and personal KPIs that demonstrate both personal and own team performance meets or exceeds target specified.
- Accountable for the ongoing management and/or participation in Improvement Projects as agreed
- Liaison/meeting with external suppliers as required in order to support SQA on quality related issues. Preparation of quality reports and supporting information as required.
- To generate reports and presentation pack information as required by the business/QAM/other
- Ensuring that any customer concessions are actioned through agreed process and are approved
- Ensuring routine support and assistance to Production and other areas of the business as required
- Accountable for the maintenance of quarantine controls in the delegated area of responsibility
- Ensuring the control of calibrated equipment within the delegated area of responsibility
- Managing the issue, maintenance and withdrawal of all certification stamps
- Higher degree, degree, HNC, ONC, C&G/TEC certification in a technical/engineering discipline
- Quality training – Quality Diploma or CQI qualifications
- Experience of leading and managing individuals or teams.
- Aerospace manufacturing and processing of components, sub-assemblies and assemblies
- Understanding of the inspection of parts and product to drawing/specifications/standards
- Processing & investigation of non-conforming parts and completion of NCRs - RCCA
- Experience of CI methodology and tools and experience of participation and managing CI projects
- Attention to detail
- Technical report writing
- Reading engineering drawings
- Quality tools
- Ability to plan and work under pressure
- Organisation and line management
- High degree of proficiency with MSOffice packages e.g. Excel, Word.
- Presentation skills and the ability to instruct/teach quality methodology and principles
- Data collection, manipulation and analysis
- Understanding and experience of process capability and basic statistical principles
- Experience of leading quality investigations into reported non conformity through a structured problem solving process such as 8D, DMAIC.
- Experience of the regular use of standard quality tools and concepts such as 5Y, Poka Yoke etc.
- Ability to read and fully understand an engineering drawing including geometric tolerancing.
- Ability to conduct internal audits on products, processes and systems in accordance with specified standard and/or Requirements of AS9100.
- Ability to write a clear, succinct well-structured technical report on investigations conducted or CI activity completed.
- Ability to clearly communicate and work with others and to impart information whether positive or adverse.
- Ability to act on own initiative and without supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Integrity – strength of character to stand by decisions and to not be adversely influenced or coerced into taking action which may compromise quality.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!