Senior Purchasing Manager
Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Purchasing Manager with Construction industry experience, salary $65k to $80k + 10% bonus.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for managing Purchasing, Contracts and developing detailed scopes of work and budgets for each job.
Will also bid out and hire subcontractors, manage all contracts, submit all invoices, track project budgets, and work with Field Managers to ensure contractors are performing well.
Purchasing is responsible for conducting field audits and ensuring that contractors are performing work per the contract.
This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of purchasing experience in Home Building or major Home Remodeling company.
- Proven working experience as a purchasing manager with a construction related company and requires strong attention to detail
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services; confirm quantity and/or timing; finalize details of orders and deliveries
- Develop and implement purchasing processes and strategies that improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure the clarity of the specifications and materials to be purchased
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, benchmarking
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Working experience of ERP software (familiarity with NetSuite a plus)
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
Click here to apply online
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, engineering, or accounting
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers