Senior Property Accountant
Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Property Accountant at their north Atlanta location. The Senior Property Accountant will be responsible for preparing and assisting with review of monthly financial statements for various properties. Specific responsibilities include monthly general ledger close, financial statement preparation, budgeting, reporting, analysis, bank reconciliation review, journal entry approval, research and invoice/payable review.
- Responsible for monthly financial statement preparation for assigned properties. This task includes interpreting and analyzing property reports on a monthly basis, including analysis and reconciliation of required balance sheet accounts based upon the information received.
- Perform initial review of additional periodic operating reports prepared by staff.
- Review of accounting functions such as bank reconciliations, lender escrow, replacement reserve escrow, management fee and distribution calculations, journal entries, etc. prepared by staff.
- Respond to client inquiries by coordinating responses required of regional managers & accounting staff.
- Assist with Property Tax review and analysis for all properties.
- Assist with quarterly/annual external audits as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing all internal audits.
- Assist with training and mentoring of new staff.
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintain a professional courteous attitude when dealing with clients, residents, coworkers and vendors.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of three to five years of accounting experience in the real estate industry. Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills essential.
- Able to effectively interact with various personality types with various experience/educational levels.
- Knowledge of GAAP is required.
- Ability to manage priorities and work flow with versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within a constantly changing work environment.
- Solid understanding and skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Yardi experience preferred.
If you are qualified and interested please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply online