Senior Property Accountant – Commercial
Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Property Accountant with Commercial property accounting experience. Responsibilities:
• Preparation of monthly financial statement packages which include in-depth review of general ledger and income statement, bank statement reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, creating and posting journal entries recorded to the general ledger, fixed asset depreciation and amortization, and property manager variance comment review.
• Prepare internal and external reporting packages, working with property management to analyze financial performance and develop reports.
• Ensure internal and external deadlines are met.
• Communication and interaction with property management team(s).
• Interact with Clients as needed on basic/complex issues, and with assistance from manager or supervisor on more advanced issues.
• Preparation and submission of Sales & Use Tax returns as applicable.
• Ensuring critical timely payment of utilities, taxes, mortgages and owner distributions.
• Review and posting of cash receipts.
• Review and payment processing of vendor invoices.
• Ensure compliance with SOC I requirements for self and property management team.QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Four or more years related Real estate accounting/reporting experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Listens with comprehension, asks questions for clarification.
• Ability to interact with Clients and team members.
• Intermediate competence in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
• Knowledge of various accounting software; Yardi and/or MRI experience is a plus.
• Self- motivation, ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-oriented environment.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your resume to William Franks, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com
IND 123Click here to apply online