Senior Project Manager - Construction
Our client in Marietta has an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager/Operations Manager with Wood Framing Experience. Details as follows:
The Wood Framing Project Manager/Operations Manager provides leadership, administration, and technical expertise in the management of wood-framing construction projects and operations, including customer service, field oversight, budget, schedule, quality, safety, and scope. As Project Manager / Operations Manager, it is especially important that the incumbent be successful in working with and leading the Superintendents and other team members, while meeting the needs of Clients.
- Relationship Management: Ensure the highest standard for service, professionalism and integrity with all clients, vendors and subs. Set clear expectations for the team and manage expectations with clients. Manage all communications with clients and subs/vendors, doing so in an expedient manner. Manage project reporting to client. Ensure the company receives positive recommendations from clients, vendors and subs. Lead the project team, setting the example in honor, duty, character.
- Quality Management: Begin with the end in mind by planning the project from contract receipt to completion using company processes. Review and understand all plans and specifications in relations to wood framing and relevant trades. Review engineer truss shop drawings and create submittals and process through final approval. Create and update shop drawings and submittal log to ensure the correct material is delivered on time. Write RFI’s, create and update an RFI log to clarify and ensure the correct scope and products are installed. Manage the material logistics process to monitor usage yields to ensure maximum lumber efficiency.
- Contract Management: Review contracts and understand all responsibilities for wood framing as well as project requirements. Buyout all subcontractors and vendors per the wood framing scope. Write scope of work for subcontracts and PO’s to vendors and subcontractors.
- Financial Management: Manage project finances/budget using the Project Management for Profit system and update project financials weekly to monitor allocated cost, projected cost, change orders, cost variances, project profit, and GP/hour (training provided). Manage scope increases and changes by estimating and writing change orders to prevent profit decrease and achieve profit increase. Manage client billing and sub/vendor invoicing.
- Safety Management: Implement and oversee onsite safety procedures, including jobsite safety plan, safety inspections, subcontractor insurance compliance, OSHA compliance, and maintaining current safety training.
- Schedule Management: Manage the EPM framing process throughout pre-planning and construction phases of the project, including preconstruction planning/setup, weekly planning meetings on site, plan reviews, project 2-week look ahead, material ordering/logistics planning, safety and QA/QC oversight.
- Baccalaureate degree desired (not required with adequate experience) and 7 years of position-related experience
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite and MS Project or related
- Knowledge in commercial construction, wood framing, multifamily and mixed-use construction, construction management, and logistics planning and coordination
- Understanding of commercial construction techniques to a high degree in principle and practice, including fundamentals of reinforced concrete, wood framing methods and engineering details, as well as electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems
- Ability to recognize problems and proactively produce workable alternative solutions that meet the Client/Owner expectations
- Strong communication skills and proactive thinking
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package:
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans,
- Long and Short-term Disability
- Vacation, sick days and holidays
- Retirement plans