The Sr. Project Engineer will direct and coordinate the activities involved in the development, prototype, evaluation and validation of product and component designs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Supervise employees assigned to the project group and be responsible for contractual fulfillment of the assigned projects. Define objectives, prepare specifications, plans and schedules and assign responsibilities to subordinates. Coordinate the design, development, manufacture, test and delivery of projects.
- Analyze and or perform research and testing on potential designs as they relate to numerous requirements including agency, shop, fit, cost, strength and schedule.
- Coordinate such activities as purchasing, accounting, contract administration, manufacturing, outside vendors and plant security in order to ensure successful completion of projects with constraints
- Direct preparation of contractual correspondence and reports, including records of drawings released material list, trouble reports, changes in service and performance data and delivery information.
- Prepare progress reports to management covering all phases of the project.
- Investigate and troubleshoot serious product design related problems and opportunities, documenting finds and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Approve Engineering Changes.
- Investigate pertinent factors such as interchangeability, service requirements, efficiency and agency requirements.
- Evaluate products for ease of manufacturability, cost and performance.
- Apply physical, chemical and mathematical concepts to solve design problems, and the creation of new designs.
Click here to apply online
- Manage projects of large and small scale, to ensure project is executed within time, cost and budget constraints.