endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Senior Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
We are a market leader in our space and one of the most recognized and successful names in our industry. We are publicly traded, and our stock has doubled in the last 18 months. We are part of one of the most successful and stable agricultural equipment manufacturers being one division of a company having over 12 different divisions. The Production Supervisor III is a key position in the Company and will support and contribute to the company goals of profitability, production and long-term growth.
The Production Supervisor III, ensures that the department meets established safety standards, supervises, and coordinates activities and workflow of workers in department. Organizes and maintains production schedules and coordinates flow of product and labor through the department. Ensures product is manufactured to engineering specifications with quality and cost objectives a priority.
We are located in a beautiful area of Alabama west of Montgomery.
- 3rd shift: 10:00 pm to 6:30 am.
Core Competencies for this position include:
- Leading Change/Change Management
- Leading People/Teamwork
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Focus, communicate, encourage, and contribute to Safety in all aspects of the job and all company meetings.
- Requisition materials required to meet production schedule and coordinates flow of material through department.
- Ensures work orders and material transactions are accurate and complete.
- Prioritizes and assigns work orders. Works closely with production planning and control.
- Inspects work to ensure accuracy to specifications. Directs routings of rejects and rework. Investigates and determines causes of defects and takes corrective action.
- Monitors backlog problems, work order flow and bottleneck issues on production floor.
- Recommend improvements to production methods, equipment, quality, working conditions and efficiency. Assists employees with work related problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Analyzes departmental production performance.
- Complete and conduct employee performance appraisals and recommend personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, disciplinary measures, and wage increases.
- Ensure/conducts that employees are trained in the operation and safe use of equipment and machines.
- Provides input for budget preparation and staffing levels based on workload.
- Perform all duties assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Good leadership skills: Must be a good problem solver with have good human relations skills and able to persuade and motivate
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize and organize various activities.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines/production schedules.
- Must be physically capable of standing/ walking the production floor for 8+ hour shifts.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends.
- May be required to travel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- 5+ years previous supervisory experience required.
- Working knowledge/experience in manufacturing environment required. Must be able to interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.