Our client, a food manufacturer with a location in Kansas City, has an opening for an experienced Senior Production Manager for Second Shift.Responsibilities Include:
- Leading the operations, materials management, and sanitation teams and activities involved in manufacturing.
- Providing overall leadership and direction to direct reports
- Implementing strategies to increase efficiency, maintain quality and ensure continuous improvement of production, materials and warehouse processes and procedures.
- Creating a work environment reflecting a commitment to protecting the health and safety of employees, sanitation activities, food safety and quality, identifying and supporting the development of internal talent for future opportunities.
- Leads direct reports in the attainment of established production standards, goals and objectives including those associated with OEE, yields, productivity, safety, budget, cost control and other key performance indicators
- In partnership with the EHS Manager and Plant Management team, participates in scheduled safety meetings to review performance and is a leader in creating and maintain a culture reflective of a commitment to an accident free workplace
- Leads the plant in value stream mapping activities to identify areas of improvement.
- Creates plans to drive waste out of the operations based on current and future state value stream maps.
- Ensures compliance with safety and environmental rules, regulations and SEP/Environmental audit requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, meat science or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of management techniques utilized in a lean manufacturing environment
- Prior supervisory experience in manufacturing
- Exceptional leadership qualities preferred
- Sanitation experience
- SAP experience or demonstrated proficiency with a similar ERP.
- Prior application and adherence to food safety and quality programs
For consideration submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to apply online